Who Are We?
HolyBible.com is an instructional website whose primary mission is to glorify the triune God through Christian Internet ministry. This ministry attempts to bring the truth in accord with the sacred Scriptures for the promotion and defense of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are committed to spreading and living the truth which God has revealed to us in the Scriptures, that is, our need for Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. In dependence on the Holy Spirit, we pray that this ministry will aid in the development of knowledge of the sacred Scriptures, personal piety and Christian character that is essential for every Christian in this life.
What We Believe
Our beliefs can be briefly summarized in the following five watchwords of the Reformation:
1. Scripture Alone (sola Scriptura) - The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word of God, and is the ONLY rule for faith and conduct. This means that we endeavour to submit unconditionally to everything the Bible teaches. (2 Timothy 3:16)
2. Grace Alone (sola gratia) - Man can ONLY be saved from sin and its consequences by the renewing work of the Holy Spirit. This manifestation of God's sovereign goodness to sinners, which excludes all human merit, the Bible calls the grace of God. (Ephesians 2:8)
3. Faith Alone (sola fide) - This salvation is not the result of man's own accomplishments (i.e. works), but is obtained ONLY by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His atonement accomplished on Calvary's cross. By this faith a man becomes righteou s before God, trusting ONLY in the finished work of Christ. (Hebrews 4:2)
4. Christ Alone (solus Christus) - The Lord Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and man. Therefore He is the ONLY One through Whom sinful man can be reconciled with his Creator, Whom he has offended and does offend by his sins. Only His perfect sacrifice and righteousness are acceptable to God. (John 14:6)
5. Glory to God Alone (soli Deo gloria) - The chief purpose of man's existence is to live to God's glory, which therefore also is the chief purpose of the salvation of sinne rs. This means that all honor and glory for the salvation of sinners must be given to God ONLY. (Revelation 7:12)
These doctrines are more thoroughly explained in the following doctrinal standards: The Heidelberg Catechism, The Belgic Confession of Faith, and The Canons of Dordt. We also agree with the Westminster Standards.
HolyBible.com is committed to the conviction that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testa-ments as originally written are God's inerrant Word inspired by His Spirit and therefore are the only sufficient and infallible authority for fa ith and practice. We use the English King James Version translation of the Holy Bible for our website.
We believe that the Word of God provides clear instruction not only for the way of salvation, but also for man's everyday life in the world. We believe that all spheres and domains of life, education inclusive, must be subject to the ordinances and glory of God. "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, all to the glory of God" (I Cor. 10:81).
The Nicene Creed
If your church shares our Statement of Faith, please submit it to our directory (all submissions are subject to review):