<< Previous Page
The conduit and pool were constructed by King Hezekiah in anticipation of the coming Assyrian siege in order to assure a water supply for Jerusalem during the siege. The tunnel was rediscovered in the nineteenth century, cut in solid rock under Mt. Zion and the city walls, extending 1780 feet from Gihon Spring to the pool of Siloam. On the tunnel wall, near its exit, was found a Hebrew inscription commemorating the completion of the tunnel and noting the surveying skill of its engineers, who constructed it simultaneously from both ends, meeting in the center.
KJV Defenders Study Bible, by Dr. Henry Morris, Ph.D.
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
DEF 10 ISBN 0-529-10444-x
DEF 10-1 ISBN 0-529-10445-8