1. What types of laws did God give to Israel?
He gave them three types of laws: (1) the moral law, (2) the civil law, and (3) the ceremonial law.
2. Which of these three laws are still in force today?
The moral law which is an everlasting law.
3. When were the civil and ceremonial laws of Israel abolished?
When the New Testament dispensation began.
4. Where was the moral law given?
On Mount Sinai (Gal. 4:25).
5. When was the moral law given?
Soon after Israel's departure from Egypt.
6. Has Christ enlarged the moral law in the New Testament?
No, it is perfect; nothing can be added to it.
7. Can we keep this law perfectly?
No. "For in many things we offend all" (James 3:2).
8. What should we do when we realize our inability to keep the law?
Bring our need to God in prayer. "Lord, thou hast commanded us to keep Thy precepts diligently. 0, that my ways were directed to keep Thy statutes" (Ps. 119:4-5).