Book: One | Two | Three Search Index
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P R S T U V W Z
1. Faith - a believing and trusting in God; asking with expectancy
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
- James 1:6
2. Reverence - a deep respect, adoration, and worshipping of God
Who shall not fear Thee, 0 Lord, and glorify Thy Name? For Thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before Thee; for Thy judgments are made manifest.
- Revelation 15:4
3. Submission - a surrendering to God's will
Saying, Father, if Thou be willing, remove this cup from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Thine, be done.
- Luke 22:42
4. Repentance - a confession of, and turning from, sin
We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from Thy precepts and from Thy judgments.
- Daniel 9:5
5. Sincerity - a truthfulness from the heart
Hear the right, 0 LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
- Psalm 17:1
6. Urgency - a fervent need and concern
Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.
- Acts 12:5
7. Thankfulness and praise -a heartfelt gratitude for God's mercies and desire to glorify the Lord
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
- I Thessalonians 5:18
How does true prayer differ from prayer that is form only?