1. It is God's gracious revelation of Himself concerning' who He is willing to be in Jesus Christ for fallen sinners
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself
by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
-II Corinthians 5:18-19
7. It is the unifying message of the church
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel.
2. It is the only way of salvation for lost sinners to be
reconciled with God; to be restored in order to serve
their creational purpose
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other
Name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
8. It generates true thankfulness within the hearts of the
Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable Gift.
-II Corinthians 9:15
3. It is the means by which spiritual and eternal life can
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.
-II Timothy 1:10
9. It assures the true believer by the Spirit's application
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the Word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,
Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of
the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.
4. It is the great message the church is called to preach
to all people.
And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach
the gospel to every creature.
10. It is the source of Christian peace and hope
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.
5. It is a power to save, through the enlightening applica
tion of the Spirit.
For our gospel came not unto you in Word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.
-I Thessalonians 1:5
11. It shall serve to condemn those who despise its
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God,
and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
-II Thessalonians 1:8
6. It fulfills God's promise.
And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise
which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that He hath raised us Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art My Son, this day have I begotten Thee.
12. It serves to richly glorify God.
For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more
doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this
respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that
which remaineth is glorious.